Top 10 ways to kick off the new decade
How is your business going to innovate this year? From improving how you track parts through your shop, to revving up your sales technique, we have a wish list for the visionary in your heart!
- Sell more projects this year! Incorporate the next generation of tech into your sales process with a virtual showroom. Can you see your future in virtual reality? It looks pretty awesome, right? Ask our team about VORTEK Spaces or read more here.
- Lost parts are SO yesterday. Track your parts through your shop, to your shipping dock and right onsite with Web-Cab’s Production Assistant. Ask our team about Web-Cab or read more here.
- Jobsite Tracking – what is it? It’s everything, that’s what. An add-on to the previously mentioned Production Assistant by Web-Cab, this puts everything your installers need right on their phones. A complete list of all parts they’re supposed to have, as well as additional assembly information right where and when they need it. They can scan all bar codes as they take items off the truck – the phone IS the scanner! Not only that, but if a part is missing or damaged, they enter the data into the specific project file; the data is collected and notifications are sent in real time. Ask our team about Jobsite Tracking.
- Make your own dust instead of buying someone else’s! Cabinet Vision’s MDF Doormaker allows you to apply a variety of new toolsets into 8 different template shapes. Ask our team about MDF doormaker or read more here.
- Professional services – help us help you! Give us your workflow checklist (you know, all those problem items you have to double-check before proceeding with a project) and let us use our expertise to streamline your processes. Save time on each project, save lots of time over the year! So worth the initial investment. Why suffer alone when we are right here? Ask our team about professional services or read more here.
- Every time your staff changes over, you’re losing precious knowledge!!! We can come in and train new staff or help you with ongoing staff development. Maybe you have some projects in mind but aren’t sure how to work on them? Get some “A-ha’s!” in this year by investing in continuous improvement. Ask our team about training options or read more here.
- You’re not still sending people onsite with paper and a tape measure, are you? It’s a whole new decade – time to level up with digital laser measuring! Our Leica Geosystems Disto series is directly integrated with Cabinet Vision, so you can save time and reduce errors. Ask our team about laser measuring or read more here.
- Get out of your shop. Go to an association event, network, meet like-minded individuals in the industry and learn something new! There are so many opportunities to learn from other shop owners and other success stories, that getting out of your shop to pursue a learning opportunity is probably one of the best things that you can do! Learn more about some of the amazing associations that we are affiliated with here.
- Go lean! Implementing even just some Lean Manufacturing concepts can have a tremendously positive effect on your processes. As Den Fentie, Owner & Founder of Woody’s Premium Cabinetry shared with us in a recent interview, “I give my guys 15 minutes every day to improve their area. Is that a bad thing? Is that wasting money? They are improving their areas and making your process better.” Read more about his success story implementing WEB-CAB here.
- Don’t be your only resource, and don’t be the person that needs to drop everything because you’re the only fixer – the only one that everybody depends on. Technology is an incredible resource that is literally at the tip of your fingers, and we have all of the right people in place to make the transition and the integration go so smoothly, you’ll wish you had done it sooner. Don’t be that person who has to leave their daughter’s school play because the machine broke, and nobody else can fix it but you. Work-life balance is important, and we have the technology to support it. Ask our team about how we can help improve your work-life balance.